Saturday, March 6, 2010

The return of banana oatmeal

As most of you know, I have a slight obsession with food; therefore, mixed among the travel/cultural posts, you are going to have to put up with some foodie posts.

So, for the inaugural foodie post, I bring you...Nutella Banana Oatmeal!

I found in the fridge what appeared to be oatmeal. It definitely was a grain but darker in appearance than the oatmeal in the States. I googled what was on the bag, "Razene" and "Pahuljice," and came across an online Croatian dictionary that told me that pahuljice can be translated as "flake" or "cereal flake." I figured that I had enough evidence to proceed with my plan.

The goods:



How cute is this carton of milk?!




Hmm...maybe I should invest in some sort of measuring device.



The final product:


The verdict? Delish!


Although, I may have just made Nutella Banana Oatmeal out of something that is traditionally eaten with meat and potatoes! Oh, well!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment