Tuesday, March 9, 2010

First shop at the kiosk

I was out and about this afternoon, walked quite a bit within the city. I was wrapping up my to-do list and I wanted to get some fresh produce. Rather than walking to the larger market, I decided that this would be an opportune time to try the kiosk in front of our apartment for the first time.



I asked the woman working there if she spoke "Engleski" to which she responded in the negative but with a smile. From that point forward, there was a lot of pointing and holding up fingers for quantity. This was the result for all of 2 euros:

I have to be honest and admit that there have been a couple of occasions where my inner microbiologists has shuttered in horror as I see items out in the open (in this case, loafs of bread perched precariously on a tiny window sill) and people obliviously waving their cigarettes over fresh produce. But what are you going to do?? When in Rome...or more like it, when in Podgorica...I think my inner micro-geek will have to go on a long vacation! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment