Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The only free time I have is when I am sick

Hello to anyone reading this out there! Mayhaps I have lost everyone since I rarely have the chance to update this thing anymore.

And why do I have the time today? Because I am home sick with some viral infection...lovely. These kiddos are going to do me in. I finally broke down and went to see a doctor yesterday. The only good English-speaking doctor who was recommended turned out to be a pediatrician (connection with the international school), but she doesn't mind seeing younger, healthy adults. If I were 87, it would be a different story. So now I am all drugged up and hoping to go back to school tomorrow.

At least I have company...that makes things so much better.


Let's see...what has happened recently??

Our trip back to Japan was awesome as expected. The wedding was beautiful and it was wonderful to see family and friends.



Last week Thursday and Friday were some professional development days for the school staff in Tirana, Albania. It was great to do some traveling in the Balkans and meet new, very entertaining people. We visited the QSI school in Tirana and stayed with their staff members. The bus ride was epic. About 14 of us in a small bus, bouncing along the pothole-filled roads in Northern Albania for 4 hours, getting pulled over by the police who were just in a bad mood (driver paid only 5 euros to keep us going on down the road!).


Oh, and I turned the big 3-0.

I think my meds are kicking in and I feel a nap coming on..........zzzzzzzzz.

2 comments:

  1. yay, blog update!

    1) sick: that sucks. I'm glad you finally went to the doctor. Hopefully you'll get well soon.
    2) puppy photo: yay! She's still really small. I guess she's just going to be "fun size." More puppy photos!!! More!
    3) wedding photos: that is one shinny ass suit! And I still think it is weird that Japanese want to get married in church-type things. Why?
    4) Albania: yep, looks like this "zero reliable infastructure" thing is pretty common all over the Balkans. At least they have cute puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see you back but wish you were feeling better. Let me see how I can phrase this so I'm gramatically correct..lol. So the wedding you went to in Japan, was the groom in your wedding or did he come over? For some reason I'm thinking I might have met him.

    Bisous. Let's try to find a skype date soon.

    ReplyDelete