Friday, May 28, 2010

I should have measured the oven


Um, yeah. What was I thinking?! I was so excited to see a baking sheet at the Maxi supermarket that I grabbed it without first considering that we have a teeny-tiny oven. Imagine my surprise (and simultaneous groan of realization) when the oven and baking sheet met with a metallic "thunk!" Thankfully, with some creative wiggling, I think I have found the one angle at which it will find a home in the oven.

These past couple of weeks I have been busy! (Collective gasp!) I started substitute teaching at the international school and it has been a blast so far. I was scheduled to meet the director one Thursday morning. It was 7 a.m. and I was innocently getting ready to meet with him at 8:30 a.m. to discuss the possibility of filling in when my phone rang. "Um, Lisa. One of my teachers is sick today. Are you available to teach today?" Nothing like getting thrown in to the deep end...sink or swim. I had sudden flashbacks to when I was in elementary school and our goal when we had a substitute teacher was to "sink the sub" i.e., make her cry. Wow, we were horrible. Anyway, I chose to swim...I think...and have been valiantly doggy-paddling ever since. In truth, the kids are great, the staff is wonderful, and I am really enjoying my time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment