Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Keeping a New Year's resolution??

Over New Year's in Japan, I may have made the declaration to some of my friends that my New Year's resolution for 2010 is to run a 5K. At the time I was (and still am!) inspired by my friend who was training for the Tokyo Marathon. And she accomplished her goal this spring...go Nancy!! So, I am trying to hold true to that resolution...however, I doubt that they have organized 5Ks here in Montenegro but I figure that will not stop me from still trying to get into better shape. My motto used to be, "I only run if something is chasing me...like a bear." Being from Wisco that is not too big of a stretch! Plus, this motto may have come in handy later on as you will see so I will not abandon it completely.

In my internet perusing I came across this...



I think that this has my name written all over it! And if I blog about it here, I am hoping that it will keep me inspired/disciplined. We'll see how this theory goes...

At least I have my cool gear to keep me pumped!





I usually pride myself in my mad map-reading skills and sense of direction. The area around our apartment has thrown me a little though.



I plan my route and am jogging on a very nice sidewalk or crossing a bridge spanning the beautiful Moraca River when all of a sudden my lovely trail disappears and I am heading into crazy Montenegrin traffic. Or I look at the map and see a road, but once I get there in person, it does not exist. Hmm.

And then on another outing I ran into one of these amongst the modern apartment construction going on nearby...



Ok, so it wasn't this exact creature as I did not have my camera with me, but I sure felt that this is the way it reacted when it saw me and started heading in my direction! Thankfully, I realized that it was chained in place so I could just mosey on along. I have learned from some of our international friends who have lived here longer than us that these are the moments where you can just laugh and sigh, "Ah, Montenegro....!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment