Friday, April 30, 2010

Foodie love

Two posts in one day...I am on a roll! This one is dedicated to my foodie love...

I bought this adorable apron in Japan this year over Christmas/New Year's. How shufu (house-wife) do I look in this??



A fun discovery of late was how easy it is to make my own caesar salad from scratch. All you need are these ingredients...


Bake your own garlic-y croutons with some evoo.


And voila!



Can't figure out for the life of me why I did not do this sooner.

Also, inspired by being in the Balkans, I made my own version of shopska salad.



We had been desperately missing our rice cooker that was used every single day in DC.


I was forced to resort to cooking rice on the stove-top (shudder!) and it would turn into this gloopy mess. Enter the Montenegrin rice cooker aka steamer.



You place water in the bottom unit and put the steaming containers on top of the base. Inside one of the containers, you place a small plastic dish wherein you put your rice and water. Turn that baby on for 30 minutes and you will have almost perfectly cooked rice. (Insert sigh of relief here).

Yesterday I bought these strawberries at a kiosk for less than 2 euros.




Tastes like summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment